So this past weekend my husband and I decided to fly down to Orlando to celebrate my cousin’s Sweet 16. It was so nice to just get away for a weekend. Get out of our normal routine and enjoy ourselves. I purposefully got ahead in both of my grad classes so that I didn’t have to worry about doing homework so it was just a great time.This trip my husband and I decided to only pack a carry on, which of course is very difficult for someone who loves clothes as much as me! But I decided, I wanted to try out our Stella & Dot Getaway bag and see just how much stuff I can fit in!
Of course, I needed to extend the bag to make sure that I fit everything in it! But I was successfully able to fit the following in my bag:
1. Make up bag/brushes
2. Blow Dryer
3. Flat Iron
4. Curling Iron
6. Pair of heels
7. Pair of sandels
8. Pair of mules
10. 2 dresses
11. 4 tops
12. My husbands hats (2 of them that he somehow snuck in my bag without me knowing)
I almost have a feeling I might be missing something but I’ll leave the list at that. Oh! My jewelry! I also packed my Stella & Dot jewels for the party. All in all, I loved traveling with this bag! And trust me, I’m a very honest person so I wouldn’t just say that I love something if I truly didn’t love it. I did keep checking the corners to make sure the seams were popping because I was afraid that I packed it too tight, but nothing happened! Everything stayed perfect! I would definitely recommend traveling with this bag.. If you haven’t purchased one, click this link and get your own! We some super cute prints to choose from too!
Let me know what you think! Xoxo
okay ladies, so i know that you have all been checking out the nyfw posts and seeing these gorgeous new collections that are out! but if you are also like me then you are longing for some fresh new pieces but need to stay on budget. i feel ya. trust me.
well what i’ve done today is research some of the latest spring 2017 trends and where you can find some great pieces for a low price. are you ready? i know i am!
right now some of the biggest colors are: pinks (any shade), yellows (any shade), lapis blue, flame (a shade of orange), and more. check out an extensive list here.
if you’re like me, the thought of wearing another color other than black, white or grey just makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up straight. but i promise when you see these pieces i’ve found for you, you will change your mind. i know i did. hence why i already ordered some of these pieces! (shhhhh don’t tell my husband!)
trends to look out for:
one shoulder looks
of course there are more but i’ve picked a few of my favorites to highlight today.
okay, so i don’t normally do a lot of florals or any print for that matter, but here are some pieces that i might just have to get very soon!!
how this works?? i’ve linked each item that i’ve found and loved (basically did the work for you!) so all you have to do is check these out for yourself and tell me what you think below! here we go!!
- victorian ruffle blouse with tie neck – target ($22.99) this top is extremely gorgeous, plus it has a little black in it, which of course calls out to me.
- women’s bomber jacket – target ($39.99) this jacket is beyond awesome. bomber jackets are also very trendy right now so you can mix two trends in one item. please just promise you will at least look at this item!
- mid-rise pixie ankle pants – old navy ($29.00) this pants are awesome!!! sooooo many outfit choices with these beauties. plus you can expand your floral horizons to your bottoms and just have fun with this piece.
- grey embroidered pointed toe pumps – misguided ($63.00) if your wallet is feeling a little generous, these are definitely the needed splurge item. these shoes are beyond gorgeous. plus the floral print on these is everything.
- patterned ruffled blouse – h&m ($49.99) – this top is super cute. not 100% that my personal body shape would work well with this top but it was too cute to not include. i love the print and the added ruffles to it. it’s definitely a bolder look but i am totally loving it.
- women’s button up shirt dress – target ($34.99) this dress is a great way to incorporate some print into your wardrobe. especially if you aren’t 100% comfortable with print. plus, the detailing on this dress is amazing.
- relaxed lace-up tee – old navy ($19.94) another great addition to your closet here. a perfect combination of trendy and comfortable!
- striped bardot romper – misguided ($40.00) okay so this is may be more of a splurge item but it is definitely worth it. this romper is perfect for spring and can take you right into summer. promise you will check this one out!
- black wrap waist striped satin shorts – misguided ($36.00) another great find that will take you from spring into summer. these shorts are definitely a must have!
- short pleated top – h&m ($39.99) this top is perfect to take from work to an evening out. the structure of the top is my favorite part.
- trench coat – old navy ($58.00) this trench is gorgeous. a little more on the structured side, but gorgeous none the less. if you’re looking for a more relaxed look check out the next couple of choices.
- oversized waterfall duster coat nude – misguided ($63.00) this coat is beyond gorgeous. definitely on the more relaxed side if you’re wanting more of that slouchy look.
- nude long sleeve d ring detail maxi duster coat – misguided ($54.00) another great coat that is more on the slouchy side. it’s a great color and the detail on it is amazing.
- coat with draped lapels – h&m ($69.99) if you need a classic black trench this is the one to get. the structure and belted detail just elevates this classic look.
there you have it guys! a few of my favorite trends and where you can find them.
is there something else you want to see? let me know in the comments below!