Okay so most of the time New Year’s Resolutions are so personal that not many people share them. But I decided to share mine with you so that I can make sure I’m accountable! Most of the time when people make these resolutions they don’t create actual steps that they can take to make those goals come to fruition. So, what I did was write my goals down. I wasn’t very specific in the actual goal just yet. I just wrote the main goal down. Once I did that, I went back and started writing down steps on how I’m going to accomplish those goals. Of course, my goals are based around my business, blog, faith and health, but you can just use these as examples to create your own resolutions for your personal life. Check it out below:
- Lose 30 pounds by May
- Work out at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. Allowed one skip day if needed, but the skip day can only be taken on a Wednesday.
- Cut bread and other carbs during the week.
- Take more “me” time during the week.
- Take at least 20 minutes a day and do something for yourself. Whether that be soaking your feet and painting your toe nails, doing a face mask and relaxing, coloring, or even song writing. Do something to help you relax and clear your mind every day.
- Blog more
- Take time every week to work on blog posts. It could be a few minutes every day or an hour every week. Take some time to write, take pics and post. Only way to grow is to be consistent! Post every Tuesday!
- Sell more (Stella & Dot)
- Reach out to at least one person every week for potential orders or hostesses.
- Save more
- No clothes or shoe shopping until after graduation in May.
- No more unnecessary spending.
- Start searching for coupons for groceries.
- Limit the amount of times we go out to eat to only the weekends we are traveling.
- Pray more
- Be intentional about my prayer time. Start every morning with prayer and devotionals and end the day with prayer.
What I did start doing as well is writing everything I accomplished on a wall calendar. It honestly feels so great to be able to write down my daily accomplishments. If you have never tried that, you really need to. It feels amazing!!!
Another tip that I do is I get a new planner every January. I don’t like the calendars that start in August it just completely throws me off. I always get my planners from Target just because they have the cutest ones. But all you need is a planner that you can schedule your week and month.
Also, PRINT OUT OR WRITE OUT YOUR RESOLUTIONS!! I cannot stress this enough. If the only place you write them down is your phone or computer, you will never keep to them. Write them down and hang them on your bathroom mirror or the kitchen wall. Somewhere where you can look at them every day. If you can’t look at them every day than you are going to forget them. Trust me, it happens to me all the time!
Here is a link to Target to check out all the different kinds of planners they have. Click here to shop them.
Let’s make this year a great one! Let me know what your favorite tip was and share some of your resolutions below!! xoxo