i don’t know if you’re like me, but im obsessive over the strangest things. well some strange, some not so strange. im obsessed with my skin, my hair, my eyebrows and of course my weight. ever since i finished chemotherapy, ive been obsessed with my weight. mainly because while i was on chemo, i gained so much weight. of course, as a young girl it messed with my self-esteem, i think at that age it’s something that is natural. but as ive gotten older, that obsession has both grown at times yet died at times. i go through these stages of my life where i don’t care what i weigh, and other times i can’t stop thinking about it. what ive come to realize, is all this obsessing has made me miss out on a lot of things. ive stopped enjoying food because i was so worried about gaining weight. i would stress over it so much that i actually had a reverse effect on my body. because i was so stressed over my weight, i would gain weight!! but that is just how my body works. so lately, ive come to this conclusion: this is who i am. this body is what God created for me. do i want to make sure im taking care of myself health wise? of course!! but no longer will i allow the stress of weight loss to control me. so today i wanted to share some of my favorite tips on how you can make small changes toward a healthier you!
multi vitamin: the easiest way to start on the trail to a healthy life is picking up a multi vitamin. there are so many options out there right now, but i wanted to share a few of my favorite.
- natures bounty women’s multivitamin: this is a good option for those who hate taking pills. these gummies taste good and are a great way to start adding in some vitamins to your day.
- juice plus: i’ve been taking these vitamins for over two years. i absolutely love them and how i’ve felt while taking them. i take the pill form but here are the gummy options. there are two option, the orchard and garden blend and they are made from 17 different fruits, vegetables, and grains. for those who tend to not eat a ton of fruits or veggies everyday, this is a great option.
8 glasses of water: another tip is to make sure you are drinking at least 8 glasses of water everyday! this is something i’m always working on because i tend to get caught up in my work that before i know it, it’s already time to leave and i haven’t drank any water. one way that does help to remind me is having a colorful water bottle. because the color draws my attention away from the computer screen, it prompts me to take a drink. here are super cute water bottle options for you!
- s’well water bottle: i love this water bottle because it’s completely insulated. it keeps my cold water cold all day long.
- yeti insulated tumbler: another great option. they come in fun colors and also keep your drinks cold all day long. my co-worker has this brand and is completely in love with it.
- contigo snapseal: this is another great option. my close friend and boss both have this brand and also love it. i’m pretty sure my boss loved it so much that she bought two!
add some color: adding some color to your food choices is always a great option! the more color, the better! add in some salad, fruits, or veggies to your meal to add some extra healthy love to your meal.
take a walk / add activity: this one, of course, isn’t my favorite but i do it. because i sit all day long at my current job, i like to make sure i spend a minimum of 30 minutes doing some kind of activity. that could be going for a long walk with my husband or getting on our stationary bike. whatever activity you like to, do at least 30 minutes a day and it will definitely help. better yet, start taking the stairs as a small step to add in some activity!
relax: this is something that i’m not the best at, but is something that is needed! stress can cause weight gain. no matter how much you change your food choices, being stressed will cause your body to gain weight. trust me, it’s happened to me plenty of times. the more i let my body relax, the easier it is for me to remain at a healthier state.
of course, these are all my personal opinions, but from my 26 years of like, i have learned what to do and what not to do when it comes keeping myself healthy. do you have tips that you do to keep yourself at your best? share them below!