I decided to post this week about my latest beauty purchase. I had a lot of questions about the products that I used in my Instagram post from a couple weeks ago about the make-up products that I used. This past month, I really decided that I wanted to move towards more cruelty-free and/or vegan makeup. My skin is extremely important to me (and it should be the same with you!) so I’m trying to be very conscience of what products that I’m using. I decided to start with my makeup. I researched a few brands of different levels of makeup there are. Of course, just like any other brand of makeup, you have your drug-store level and your department store level. I decided to start with something that was more drugstore level. One of the brands that I started with was Pixi by Petra. This brand is currently at Target.
Because I’m so new to the vegan makeup scene, I decided to look up some websites that are centered around everything vegan. One I found extremely helpful is The Ethical Elephant. On this site, you can search specific brands of makeup that you may be curious about and it’ll show you a list of products that specific company carries that are vegan. I would definitely recommend this site if you are new to this vegan makeup area just because it’s very helpful and easy to navigate.
Check out this video on the website and how I navigated around it:
Another website that I found really helpful, was actually the PETA.org website. Of course, this site has so much more information than just beauty and make-up, but they still have this information on there. Here is an example of how I navigated their website.
When I decided that I wanted to check out some new brands of makeup, of course I researched using The Ethical Elephant and the PETA website and found the Pixi by Petra brand. Of course, this brand is found at my favorite store, Target!!! So, of course, there was just an excitement in just being able to leave the house and go to Target.
So, using the information that I found on what specific items from this brand were considered vegan, (because they have a few items that aren’t considered vegan but everything is cruelty-free) I went to the beauty aisle to see what they have. I found the following items that were both cruelty-free and vegan.
- Correction Concealer – I used this concealer a few times. I wasn’t too in love with the color, I think I picked the wrong color. But it was really easy to use and the consistency was also nice.
- Flawless & Poreless Primer – I actually like this primer. It does give a nice poreless look. Also easy to use and I really liked the consistency and coverage.
- Beauty Bronzer – I really like this bronzer. It gives a nice color. It’s not extremely bold but it’s great for an everyday look. I’ve been using this bronzer for my everyday makeup. It still gives me a nice color even though it’s not a heavy color.
- Lash Boosting Mascara – This mascara is actually really great. I love the depth of color and the ease of application.
- H2O Skintint – This is a great light weight coverage. It’s not a full coverage makeup but it’s great for those days when you need something quick before you head out for the day. But I do love this product and have been using it very frequently.
- Lash Line Ink – I also love this product. It goes on super smooth and leaves a great pigment color.
I think through using these products, I was more just surprised that these products are vegan. They were really great quality wise and I’m really happy that I tried them!
There are some other beauty brands that I am wanting to try out that are both vegan and cruelty-free that I will be sharing in another post.
What are some beauty concerns that you have? Share them below!